Where To Look For Holiday Home Insurance Deals

Posted on


Wiz Insurance – Wouldn’t it be nice to own your own holiday home, to be able to go and take a break whenever you want and in property of your own? The idea of owning a holiday home is a very popular one and more and more people are jumping onto the bandwagon and either having the luxury of owning their own holiday property or taking advantage of renting it out to others. However, in order for the venture to get off to the best start you need excellent advice when it comes to the best holiday home insurance deals and mortgage offers.

While we all have the dream of owning our own holiday home, very few of us have the knowledge required when it comes to finding the best holiday home insurance deals and this is where you should consider going to a specialist broker. Brokers who specialise in holiday home insurance and mortgages can save you thousands of pounds – and a lot of worry – in the long run.

Holiday home insurance is different from the general insurance that is taken out on your home. Very often the property will be left empty and this makes it a prime target for burglars. The type of insurance that you need will depend on whether the property is solely for your own enjoyment or if you are going to be letting it as a holiday home to bring in an income. If it’s for a holiday let then the insurance has to be more extensive and cover a wider range of possibilities.

The best holiday home insurance deals can only be found by a specialist broker. If the holiday home is solely for yourself then factors such as the normal which include the shell and contents have to be covered of course. However other factors which should be taken into consideration are the outbuildings, any patio or garden furniture, garages and swimming pools.

If you are going to be letting the holiday home then you will need different types of insurance along with what are considered to be the normal. If the holiday home is a buy to let then you will be considered to be running a business and as such you will need to be covered as a landlord. This means that you will have to think about liability damage, this means that should a tenant get hurt due to neglect on or in the property you will be covered for any claim they might make against you.

You will also have to consider taking out cover against those who let you down with the rent and of course the property should be covered against natural disasters such as fire, flood and subsidence. A broker of course will be able to look around for you and get you the cheapest protection to suit your needs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.